[78-L] quality control problems - Poor Vinyl

Gene Baron gene.baron at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 16:54:46 PDT 2011

I have some LPs (mostly bluegrass/old time country) from the early-mid
seventies and yes the vinyl on them, especially from the smaller labels, was
(and still is) extra noisy, and I also remember it being connected to the
oil shortages of the time.  Don't remember any of the classical LP having
the same problems, but it's certainly possible.

Gene
gene.baron at gmail.com