[78-L] European Sound Recording Copyright Extension^

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri Sep 16 13:44:08 PDT 2011

I'm not sure. I believe I recall hearing that certain George Gershwin works were protected by the Ira side of the estate by making minute changes to the music so that it could be re-copyrighted as an arrangement. I could be way off base on this, but there were some instances where George-only works had their copyrights extended in this manner.

Cary Ginell