[78-L] European Sound Recording Copyright Extension

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Thu Sep 15 14:48:31 PDT 2011

No, regarding Lead Belly. Alan Lomax made sure to copyright Lead Belly's arrangements of his folk adaptations; they are still controlled by TRO (The Richmond Organization). Whether Lead Belly saw any of the royalties for his work is uncertain to me.

Understand that the Life + 70 rule concerns post-1978 copyrights only. Anything prior to that is subject to the 28 + 28 + 19 year rule.

Cary Ginell