[78-L] Rock stars win, but who loses?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 12 09:02:45 PDT 2011

 From the related article about Vera Lynn's old recordings being PD (2009):
"The rules would not be retrospective, and would apply only to songs about to
slip out of copyright."
Obviously we don't know if that is still the case.

Damned old people..

"We were having to deal with quite old people who were saying: 'My music's been
used for something else - it's been sampled, it's been used in a pop song, it's
been used in an advert.' And we couldn't do anything for them."

dl