[78-L] Old Ned (was another Party Record question)

david.diehl at hensteeth.com david.diehl at hensteeth.com
Mon Sep 12 08:43:42 PDT 2011

An eccentric West Coast label which pirated English releases of esoteric foreign items like Chinese opera and a laughing record. I believe these were associated with a West Coast DJ. These dubs show raised, sans-serif typescript in the runout typical of C.P. MacGregor products, as well as a tiny, hand-drawn diamond E.

Ray Noble and his New Mayfair Orch. London, March 1, 1932. Vocal by Bobbie Comber and Chorus.
(0B-3005-2) In the bushes at the bottom of the garden HMV B. 6154 (U.K), Victor 24149

She was poor but she was honest may be Leslie Sarony.
DJD

Visit the Blue Pages: the Encyclopedic Guide to 78 RPM Party Records
http://www.hensteeth.com