[78-L] Party Records question [fwd]

Mike Harkin xxm.harkin at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 10 23:50:13 PDT 2011

--- On Sat, 9/10/11, David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca> wrote:

From: David Lennick <dlennick at sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [78-L] Party Records question
To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
Date: Saturday, September 10, 2011, 2:21 PM

Well, there's "A Guy is A Guy" which was a cleaned-up version of "A Gob Is a
Gob", and the totally sanitized "Sweet Violets" that Dinah Shore sang..and in
the 70s, "Shaving Cream" and "The Biggest Parakeets in Town" weren't sanitized
at all.

Never heard "Frieda" for some reason.

dl

On 9/10/2011 9:54 AM, Dennis Flannigan wrote:
> In my unrelenting, weekly (or weakly) radio tribute to Scandinavian humor, I
> played "FRIEDA, THE EGG LAYING HEN," by Yogi Yorgesson. "Frieda," seems a
> cleaned up version of "Crepitation Contest." Am I reading too much into
> this? Was it an inside joke when it was released?
>
> Did other party records inspire over the counter releases? I guess, "Dance
> With Me Henry," is such an example. Any others? Earlier?
>
> df

"They were making mad, passionate love"  ??  'Afternoon Delight'    ???

'