[78-L] The Four Dukes on Prom inquiry

Doug Pomeroy audiofixer at verizon.net
Sat Sep 10 17:26:55 PDT 2011

Interesting coincidence:

Today I went examined a couple hundred used 78s and
found one on Prom (the first time I'v ever seen that label).
It is truly dreadful (both sides), and indeed Archie Bleyer
is credited.

I also found the following, and I wonder what, if any, value these may
have:

ALADDIN 2688 Shirley & Lee: Come On Baby, Let The Good Times Roll (a
big hit)
b/w Do You Mean To hurt Me so

APOLLO 377 Rabon Tarrant w/Jack McVea All Stars: Opus Boogie b/w Blues
This Morning

CA-SONG 104 Johnny Blowers w/Delores Martin "of Finian's Rainbow":
Blue-And-Broken-Hearted b/w One Way Blues

Anyone ever heard of the CA-SONG label?

Doug Pomeroy
POMEROY AUDIO
Audio Restoration & Mastering Services