[78-L] E.U. just as corrupt as the U.S. [fwd]

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Sep 10 07:39:07 PDT 2011

On 9/10/2011 9:42 AM, Jeff Sultanof wrote:
> As far as I know, the only copyrights that were 'reinstated' for protection
> were works by Russian composers such as Prokofiev and Shostakovich.

Once again it was just an assumption that Soviet composers were in the
PD because the Commies were violating the copyrights of the West, so
turnabout was fair play.  Prokofiev's works were published in London by
Boozy & Hawkes and were always copyright in the West.  It really was
mainly cold war politics and opportunism as well as just plain thievery.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com