[78-L] Nations Forum Records

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Sep 6 21:42:07 PDT 2011

On 9/7/2011 12:04 AM, Jeff Sultanof wrote:
> Is he selling these 'programs?'
>
> Jeff Sultanof

Once upon a time he was.  He used to be Radio Yesteryear, as well as
Radiola Records, Sandy Crook Records, Video Yesteryear, Reel Video, and
my favorite, Class X Video.  He sometimes used the name Michael
Raphone.  (Mike Raphone.  Get it?)  But about ten years ago he "sold"
his "collection" to Radio Spirits when it was owned by Carl Amari.  J.
David pledged to stay out of the OTR business for perhaps ten years,
since all he really turned over to RS were dubs.  This web site is his
overall collection, and he has kept his word and has turned down many
requests to sell things, and the current owners of RS is not interested
right now in selling individual items on request.  He did donate about
10,000 discs to the Marr Archive at the Univ of Mo-Kansas City last year.

As I mentioned, these "nine programs" seem to be the material on the
Library of Congress web site, and you might as well get them from the
same place he got 'em.

By the way, I wish someone can explain to me how he got my WORK DISC of
speed tests of the 1925 Ed McConnell Columbias (which he thinks were WSP
broadcasts.)

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com