[78-L] Nations Forum Records

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Sep 6 20:47:02 PDT 2011

On 9/6/2011 10:40 PM, Thomas Stern wrote:

> http://www.radiogoldindex.com/cgi-local/p2.cgi?ProgramName=Nation's+Forum

Ah, dear old J. David Goldin (no relation to David Goldenberg).  This
listing is just what he was able to download off of the Library of
Congress listing I already referred to.  You will notice the four takes
of the Coolidge Law and Order, and the mention of take numbers -- the
only info that LC gives in the listings ...

> The producer of the series was GUY GOLTERMAN - there are a number of web articles about him.

... other than mentioning Golterman as the producer.

> Steve - Please add me to list for the Nation's Forum listing.
>
> IIRC, Columbia was going to issue an LP(s) of these - when Miles Kreuger was producing reissues.
> If anyone is in contact with him, he might have a list of the proposed album content, and know what masters, stampers or pressings were held by Columbia.....
>
> Best wishes, Thomas.

Just saw Miles on TV yesterday.  He was one of the interviewees on
Turner Classics'  "Mogols and Movie Stars".  Miles does not qualify for
either category!!  But he was interesting.  Sam Brylawski was the most
recent person in contact with Miles when his Victor project recently
rescued the Victor Movie Book Ledger from one of Miles' kitchen cabinets
and photographed it.

Again quoting from the Library of Congress web site:
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/nfhtml/nfcol.html
" The 1919-1920 series was devoted mostly to postwar issues and the 1920
presidential election. Recordings in this series were released at a rate
of two per month, one Republican and one Democrat."

If the remainder list seems to be top heavy with Republicans, perhaps
the Democrats' recordings sold better!!!

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com