[78-L] Strange Victor couplings

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Sun Sep 4 20:18:00 PDT 2011

I've seen this listing..actually I thought I'd mentioned it once. There were
also auto coupling sets of ten or so discs where there'd be a complete symphony
in one direction and another on the reverse sides, possibly with an overture as
filler..I have a couple of these. There are also some instances where the auto
sequence issue of an album set has lower numbers than the manual version
(Koussevitzky's recording of the Petrouchka Suite comes to mind). This was all
before Slide Automatic.

Something I've never understood is why some 45RPM sets were issued in manual
sequence. Duh! (Annie Get Your Gun, MGM was one.)

dl