[78-L] Of the subject, but can anybody lead me to:

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Wed Aug 31 19:12:11 PDT 2011

http://www.gemm.com/item/DARDEN-c-SEVERN/SOUND--OF--MY--OWN--VOICE/GML1846393363/

price seems way out of line if it was as popular as it seems ????
Best wishes, Thomas.

here is a review at Amazon:
When Smart Was Funny, September 2, 2010
By Ergono Mick -  This review is from: The Sound Of My Own Voice And Other Noises, Severn Darden At The Second City (Vinyl LP)
(Vinyl)
When we were children, our parents exposed us to selected humorists and musicians who made the entertainment scene in Chicago
incredibly rich. Severn Darden, one of the original members of the Compass Players (precursors to the Second City), was one of the
comics they venerated because he did not limit his references to the lowest common denominator. Darden, an alumnus of the
University of Chicago, mined a rich vein of humor from his experiences there. He expected his audience to be able to follow his
references and soar with him to hilarious heights. I know it's become fashionable lately in some circles to see "smart" and call
it "elitist," but in the early sixties Severn Darden showed a much greater degree of respect for the intelligence of the average
person. He figured most people had gone to college or could appreciate intellectual humor even if they hadn't. The album The Sound
Of My Own Voice And Other Noises, Severn Darden At The Second City (Vinyl LP) sat on the turntable at home for many days on end as
we children memorized the lines from the extended bit "Professor Walter von der Vogelweider's Short Lecture on the Universe (and
Other Matters)." The "Professor," one of Darden's comic alter egos, moved from physics to philosophy as mediated by the ancient
Greeks and even gamely fielded spontaneous questions from the audience as to "whether fish think" with hilarious anecdotes (the
answer: "Yes, but not fast enough!")

"The Sound of My Own Voice and Other Noises" is a gem that ought to be transferred and made available on CD as soon as possible.
Severn Darden and his contemporaries Mike Nichols, Elaine May, Paul Sand and numerous others were the forebears of John Belushi,
Dan Aykroyd, Gilda Radner, Bill Murray, and the whole line of improvisational comics right down to the current cast of Saturday
Night Live. If this album ever becomes available again, you will not be sorry to have it in your collection.