[78-L] Not a good night, Irene [fwd]

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sat Aug 27 09:35:55 PDT 2011

"The 1936 Floods" by Red Foley and "The 1927 Flood" by McIntorsh & Edwards come close, but they are not about a specific hurricane. There are instrumentals, like "Hurricane" by Red Nichols (also as by Red & Miff's Stompers), "Harlem Hurricane" by Michel Warlop, "Hurricane" by the guitar duo of Larry Collins & Joe Maphis, "Hurricane" by sax honker Joe Houston, and "Hawaiian Hurricane" by Masters' Hawaiians. Calypso singer Lord Invader recorded "Hurricane Connie" for Audio Fidelity, but it was never on 78. Chess artist St. Louis Jimmy recorded "Florida Hurricane." Lots of storm, wind, flood, windy, rain songs, but again, nothing specific.

Cary Ginell