[78-L] Not a good night, Irene

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 26 18:23:11 PDT 2011

Hi all,

We just got over the quite noticeable s-w-a-y-i-n-g of our building during
the earthquake.  Now we're right in the path of the hurricane - in fact,
they should paint a big red bullseye on the side of our condo.  We live in a
three-building high-rise complex - 50 stories each - built into the Jersey
Palisades, 50 feet from the Hudson River, with the Empire State Building on
view smack in the middle of our living room window.  (Five of our 25th floor
rooms have big, fat windows.) Our condo board keeps sending out notices on
what to do to prepare!

Just planning on hunkering down - lots of food in stock - hoping we don't
lose power. And if we slide into the river, the records go with me!

Dave Weiner