[78-L] Rimsky-Korsakov, May NIght [belated]

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 22 05:51:28 PDT 2011

You are right! And I'd looked in Werm Supp II and hadn't seen the listing. It
says the Vanguard is "stated to be conducted by Melik-Pashayev" but that's not
the case..I have the libretto from the Vanguard set and it identifies Nebolsin.

So, 1948 is correct but this is definitely not dubbed from 78s. Did they have
tape? Did they record on fillum? The sound is consistent (doesn't even change
suddenly between scenes), there's no wow, there's only one abrupt cut-off.

dl