[78-L] Skokiaan was: London -- Made in England?

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com
Sat Aug 20 08:45:37 PDT 2011

WQEW pop standards radio in New York City was still playing the Perez Prado
cover until it went over to Disney in 1998.
RayK

From: agp
Its a bit unfortunate that neither side of this record gets played on
the radio, on oldies stations that do 50s stuff, or on stations that
do standards. I also offer it as challenge to formats like 'Jack-FM'
that say 'we play anything' -- anything that corporate tells us to
play that is. It made number 17 on the Billboard singles chart, so I
feel is worthy of a spin.

I may see if Alex Lester on BBC Radio 2 will dig it out for
Listener's Library. He WOULD play it.