[78-L] Skokiaan was: London -- Made in England?

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 20 07:32:30 PDT 2011

Its a bit unfortunate that neither side of this record gets played on
the radio, on oldies stations that do 50s stuff, or on stations that
do standards. I also offer it as challenge to formats like 'Jack-FM'
that say 'we play anything' -- anything that corporate tells us to
play that is. It made number 17 on the Billboard singles chart, so I
feel is worthy of a spin.

I may see if Alex Lester on BBC Radio 2 will dig it out for
Listener's Library. He WOULD play it.

The follow up to Skokiaan, Bulawayo Rhythm b/w Hando Chiwutsi on
London 1519 was nowhere near as much fun and flopped. I have that on
78 also, having never seen a 45 of it