[78-L] London -- Made in England?

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 19 04:00:59 PDT 2011

At 02:03 19/08/2011, DL wrote:
>536 was the US issue as well. I've also had that one on a DJ vinyl pressing
>(American).

Ah -- but the question is -- what distinguishes the US versus the
Canada issue -- is it the CA in front of the master number in the run-off?

At 02:03 19/08/2011, DL wrote:
>Not that it helped..the sound on that recording is garbage, being
>dubbed from bits of the soundtrack glued together, 97th generation
>in the first
>place.

Another dog's dinner that London coughed up was Skokiaan by the
Bulawayo Sweet Rhythms Band on cat # 1491. I have heard tell that the
European issues, while dubs of the South African Gallotone/ Jive 78
(carrying the same master number), are good, but that the US and UK
issues (all "Made in England") are also dubs but from a cracked 78.

Been looking for the original Gallotone/ Jive pressing forever!