[78-L] Billy Murray's death date

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Aug 17 12:18:49 PDT 2011

On 8/17/2011 10:11 AM, David Sanderson wrote:

> My recent Billy Murray surprise was to find him on 1923 12" Victor doing
> the calls for a quadrille - "Uncle Steve's Quadrille," 34739/40, 3
> parts, 3 sides, plus "Haymaker's Jig" on the extra side.

Within the next 6 months or so we are all going to find out about a lot
more Billy because he participated in MANY recordings that were
synchronized with silent movies in the late 20s.  These are detailed in
the special Victor ledger, known as the 'Movie Book' that "disappeared"
50 years ago during the move of the files from Camden to 6th Ave NYC.
The contents were recently photographed by the Victor Project in the
home of the collector who I have suspected for over 40 years as having it.

You will also find out about some recordings by LEE WILEY in 1928.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com