[78-L] The new Boswell Sisters Collection on Storyville - Someone really dropped the ball on this!

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Wed Aug 17 12:08:46 PDT 2011

I sent a negative review of the set (from a Boswell sisters website) to Storyville.  Below is their reply.

I hope MOSAIC will reconsider doing their reissue, and include everything, including the film clips.
Best wishes, Thomas.

Dear Thomas Stern,
I wonder who wrote this review - I would like to get in touch with him if possible because a lot of things in this are incorrect -
First of all Nostalgia Arts is part of the Storyville family of labels which can be verified on our website:
www.storyvillerecords.com -

In fact we have improved the sound since the Nostalgia Arts releases as the technology is better now than in 1993 when the first
Nostalgia Arts and Collectors Classics were released, so I really don't understand the complaints re the sound.

What I do agree is that by a mistake in the studio here one track was left out and another repeated that is of course mistake.
Also the content of the DVD is listed in correctly but we have instructed all our distributors to include the enclosed note with
all box sets. That has obviously not been the case with the anonymous reviewer here.

For your information all production has taken place in Denmark as always with our product but as you probably know we are facing
hard times and we are doing our best to survive therefore we have produced a few of our box sets in China to save on costs to keep
our prices down.

I have included below a review from a collector that is happy with our new box set.

Best regards,
Mona Granager

STORYVILLE RECORDS
Esplanaden 8 D