[78-L] Churchill Speech - corroded metal disc

Tim Huskisson timhuskisson at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 16 05:45:28 PDT 2011

After doing the magnet test, the disc must be made of solid aluminium,
though it feels heavier than I'd have expected. Some vinegar cleaned the
corrosion very effectively and the disc plays through without skips or
repeats. I have to presume it was an amateur attempt to record Churchill's
speech from a (or the original) radio broadcast.
Thanks to those that contributed to this thread.

Tim