[78-L] Mignon Record

DanKj edisone1 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 15 22:53:26 PDT 2011

 Yes, Biel is correct (as always!)  - OF COURSE I have absolutely no clue that the EMG in his name refers to the E.M.Ginn
gramophone in the video.  And the 1/16 difference in the hole size, well, that's enormously important and a brilliant
observation on his part;  good thing he's here to correct us. We can always count on the every-ready Biel Ego to leap in &
remind us of its superiority.  B.E. would never do anything so useless as to say someone knows nothing about a subject and
then fail to contribute, oh no. Or did I miss the meaningful insight into Mignon Records, beside the 1/16th inch thunderbolt
?

  I've asked EMGColonel, who also calls himself "Civis Romanus Sum - EMG Caesar/ Divinity" , " Bombastus Von Theophrastus" ,
and "Apprentice Duke & Professional Bore" whether his 'The Colonel' persona is an affected character for YouTube or his
everyday self.  I will be a bit embarrassed if he insists that's really himself all the time, after asking about the
'silly-ass country squire' mannerisms and near falsetto speech, right out of a Monty Python sketch. With his nicknames for
himself, I expect some sense of humor (think back - you remember what that was, yes?)

 I will never understand why miserable, humorless, self-important people are attracted to the fun, light-hearted hobby of
collecting records - but I do understand that such people give collectors a bad reputation and discourage newbies from
starting out and learning.   Lighten the f up, please.