[78-L] Lady of Spain – Ray Noble RCA 20-3302

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 05:49:49 PDT 2011

Lady of Spain – Ray Noble RCA 20-3302

OK, I know there must be a story behind this one.  I had a copy of this 40+ years ago and it broke two or three moves ago and found a nice copy on Wednesday.  Abram files shows this title on 1931 Victor as by the London Mayfair Orch and I know Noble was the leader of same.

This issue says Re-issued By Request and credits Ray Noble and his Orchestra with vocal refrain by Al Bowlly and Trio.  Whitburn is the only other reference I have which lists this and he says the vocal was overdubbed in 1949.
Anybody know why it was re-issued?  The "hit" by Eddie Fisher was two or three years later.

The bigger question is why it was overdubbed?

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.