[78-L] The Columbia Laughing Record?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 11 19:51:52 PDT 2011

Egad..I've had it in just about every format except the late 45 Mike Biel
refers to. Original OKeh, late 20s laminated OKeh, mid 30s dub on Vocalion, c.
1950 vinyl OKeh DJ pressing (twice), Happy Face LP and a Boris Rose lp where
it's played THREE TIMES in succession.

Ever hear "Laughing Record" on Silvertone? Not to be believed. Originally
titled The Worst Rose of Summer, by Vaughn de Leath, and it sounds as if it
uses a Gennett sound effects record instead of real laughers. Horrible.

dl