[78-L] Sir Lancelot (was Burl Ives)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 1 08:20:47 PDT 2011

Okay, that's something I have never seen before. Mercury took over Keynote,
that's for sure, but I've never seen a paste-over label like that one. My
Mercury set is all original labels, although it's also shellac..later blue
label discs are a light compound, breakable (maybe not so after 1949) but
quieter surfaces. As noted, the Mercury 78 album substituted Donkey
City/Neighbor for The Century of the Common Man/Trinidad is Changing, which was
in the original Keynote album. All 8 sides are on the lp.

dl