[78-L] fwd: Vince Giordano schedule

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Aug 1 07:31:00 PDT 2011

Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
August and September 2011

SECRETS OF NEW YORK will spotlight us on their Prohibition segment
(NYC TV, Channel 25 on Time Warner and channel 22 on Cablevision,
And at nyc.gov/media) Tune in and check it out. **See times below**

We’ve also been extremely busy filming & recording music for Season 2 of
HBO’s Golden Globe winner BOARDWALK EMPIRE!
Season 2 will air in September on HBO.

Monday/Tuesdays incl. Labor Day
8:00pm - 11:00pm
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
Eleven-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
for your dining and dancing pleasure -
Sofia's Restaurant
(Downstairs) Club Cache adjacent to the Edison Hotel
221 W. 46th Street (between Broadway & 8th Avenue)
New York, NY
$15. cash cover charge at the door + $15. food/drink minimum
Reservations call: 212.719.5799 - doors open at 7:00pm

************SECRETS OF NEW YORK************
Tuesday, August 2nd at 8:30pm
(NYC TV, Channel 25 on Time Warner and channel 22 on Cablevision,
And at nyc.gov/media) Tune in and check it out.

Bix Beiderbecke
Memorial Jazz Festival
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
We’ll be one of 18 bands performing at this amazing festival
August 4th – August 7th
Friday, August 5th
4:00pm to 5:00pm – Hotel Blackhawk / Gold Room
10:00pm to 11:00pm – LeClaire Park Bandshell

Saturday, August 6th
9:00pm to 11:00pm – Hotel Blackhawk / Gold Room
Battle of the Bands with Josh Duffee & His Orchestra
Hotel Blackhawk – 200 East 3rd Street, Davenport, IA 52801
LeClaire Park Bandshell, 400 W. Beiderbecke Drive, Davenport, IA
All tickets may be ordered in advance at a savings!
Call the Bix Beiderbecke Memorial Society office, (563) 324-7170, or write to
B.B.M.S., P.O. Box 3688, Davenport, IA 52808.
http://tinyurl.com/5wa6c7p

Friday, August 19th and
Saturday, August 20th
9:00pm - 12:00am
Vince Giordano’s Quartet
Andy Stein, Mark Lopeman and James Chirillo will
  join me to play music of the 1920s & '30s
South Edison Restaurant
17 South Edison Street
Montauk, NY 11954
Call: 631-668-4200 for more information.
Read the New York Times review of South Edison!!!
http://tinyurl.com/3mpmqw3
www.southedison.com

Friday, September 23rd
Please join us for the third annual Fall Festival Gala
featuring The New York Philharmonic with Music Director Alan Gilbert and
violinist Augstine Hadelich.
Enjoy delectable pre-concert hors d'oeuvres, specialty cocktails and a lovely
dinner created by Great Performances.
Gala attendees will also have priority seating at the performance and an
invitation to the After Dark party.
Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks
Eight-piece band playing music of the 1920s & '30s
for the After Dark party.
Caramoor Center for the Arts
149 Girdle Ridge Road, Katonah, NY
For more information visit www.caramoor.org or www.facebook.com/caramoor.

We had a great time in April at TCM Film Festival in Hollywood…
Watch this Pod-Cast~
http://vimeo.com/23188371
Or read some of the reviews~
http://tinyurl.com/3sret7e
http://tinyurl.com/45xyhwv
http://tinyurl.com/3nxrptf

Here's a write-up in the New Jersey STAR LEDGER by Tris McCall...
http://tinyurl.com/4jm3qlh

Check out this great blog by Michael Steinman -
http://jazzlives.wordpress.com