No subject

Tue Jul 26 14:37:35 PDT 2011

ed horizontal storage of records.  Edison had slotted vertical storage=2C p=
erhaps from the first DD floor model.  I suspect that vertical storage beca=
me a necessity when albums began to be used.
=20
Don Chichester
=20

> From: sternth at attglobal.net
> To: 78-l at klickitat.78online.com
> Date: Mon=2C 29 Aug 2011 10:04:00 -0400
> Subject: Re: [78-L] record cabinet?
>=20
> IIRC=2C a Victrola floor model=2C probably 1920's had storage underneath =
the soundbox which had vertical partitions-so I assume the
> stored records were meant to be vertical. Dont remember now if there were=
 2 levels for storage...
> Hope machine collectors will provide input here!!! What storage
> was provided in talking machine cabineets or for seperate storage in
> early days??
> Best wishes=2C Thomas.
>=20

sPageName=3DADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_3489wt_1185