[78-L] Double response, "Answer Songs," question

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sun Jul 31 17:09:14 PDT 2011

I read the transcript of his testimony before the HUAC when I was researching the Naxos CD I annotated (and that D.L. mastered) and it isn't as horrible as one might think. I think the fact that he testified at all and answered questions honestly is what ticked off the folk music community. His testimony was much more flammable than that of Josh White, who really didn't say anything bad about anyone, yet was blackballed also only because he cooperated.

Cary Ginell