[78-L] Unique 1960 US Columbia 78 label (yes 1960!)

agp agp2176 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 30 08:29:34 PDT 2011

Hmmm --- it seems  that I was wrong in my assumption. The record is
actually Mexican, made by Discos Columbia de Mexico SA. I don't know
the exact connection between Columbia's US and Mexican hispanic
operations, but I know that in 1961 Discos Columbia de Mexico SA
became Discos CBS SA. My guess is that US Columbia continued the
original name for hispanic releases for a considerable amount of time
(I have some US lps on Discos CBS from the 70s and 80s)

http://books.google.com/books?id=eQsEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA60&dq=discos+columbia&cd=4#v=onepage&q=discos%20columbia&f=true

Anyway -- it still desn't take away from the fact that its a
nifty-gullifty label style
http://www.cool78s.com/Columbia_4458_C-A.jpg
http://www.cool78s.com/Columbia_4458_C-B.jpg