[78-L] Nan BlaKstone question (corrected)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 26 18:18:46 PDT 2011

Re-sending..a line got dropped when I listed the tracks on the second version.

Mostly for David Diehl, unless anyone else can answer this one..I have two
copies of NAN BLAKSTONE'S "NEW HUSH-HUSH ALBUM", both ten-inch..Jubilee LP 1
(with liner notes) and LP 2000 (without 'em), same cover. Same tracks on each,
but listed in different sequence on the labels..but both ARE exactly the same
sequence, with LP2000 mislabelled and containing corresponding matrix numbers
for the individual tracks. Very odd. Looks as if they intended to alter the
sequence but somebody didn't bother, and just cut new masters from the original
tape.

ORIGINAL ISSUE (I think..has "Jubilee" in script letters)
SIDE ONE (NB 1, 2, 3)
1.  LIFE ON DONKEY ISLAND
2.  LET'S FALL IN LOVE
3.  HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A WAC
SIDE TWO (NB 4, 5, 6)
4.  BLAKSTONE'S SECRET PASSION
5.  BLAKSTONE'S TORCH SONG
6.  MY BOY FRIEND ELMER

LATER ISSUE (jubilee, lower case, underscored except for the "j")
SIDE ONE (NB 1, 2, 6)
1.  LIFE ON A DONKEY ISLAND (sic)
2.  LET'S FALL IN LOVE
3.  MY BOY FRIEND ELMER
SIDE TWO (NB 3, 4, 5)
4.  BLAKSTONE'S SECRET PASSION
5.  HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A WAC
6.  BLAKSTONE'S TORCH SONG

But as I say, the second version plays exactly the same as the first one.
What's going on here?