[78-L] Pope Pius XI

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Jul 25 17:28:41 PDT 2011

On 7/25/2011 3:33 PM, L78rpm at aol.com wrote:

> _http://completed.shop.ebay.com/sandbar141/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=
> 50&_since=15&_sop=12&_rdc=1_
> (http://completed.shop.ebay.com/sandbar141/m.html?LH_Complete=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_since=15&_sop=12&_rdc=1)
>
> The auction closed recently, so the link is still active.  I'm not  trying
> to sell it here, but given the comments I made about my failure to sell  it,
> I thought some of you might like to see the image.
>
> pc

It probably is the same recording I have on the white flexo, but I
recall a recording of a translation on the reverse side.  My copy has
labels with a line drawing of St. Peters on the upper half, and I have
seen shellac pressings with that view as a half-tone photograph.  There
wouldn't happen to be grooves under the large rear paper label?  And in
the photo, right behind the pope's right shoulder is Marconi, who also
spoke on the broadcast.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com