[78-L] Amy Whitehouse.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 24 03:14:52 PDT 2011

Hi!

Amy Whitehouse certainly had some talent but only in comparison with
others on offer.
Now the pundits are doing the usual analysis of her as if she were
some sort of Billie Holiday.
As usual, they talk about lyrics instead of the music!

She wasn't a Billie Holiday, that's for sure.
I always thought she LOOKED a little like the late Alma Cogan, though
she certainly didn't sing like her.

As a professional singer myself, I've never understood why musicians
of all people need drugs and alcohol.
When I'm feeling miserable, I have the ultimate drug to help me...music itself!
You listen to it, sing it, play it, try to write a song and you
always feel better, even if not exactly happy...

Apparently, her last recordings were duets with Tony Bennett...that
will be interesting.
He would never have thought that he would outlive her...

However good or not she was, however, certainly a tragedy, but
nothing compared to what happened in Norway yesterday...

Earl.