[78-L] "Voices of History"

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jul 23 21:39:23 PDT 2011

On 7/23/2011 11:45 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> Zis Freud, speaking in ze split languages..zis vas his problem, yah?
>
> Funny you should mention Pope Pius XI since there's a Canadian issue of that
> listed even as we speak.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200631918931
>
> dl

Gee, I wonder who might be trying to palm off, er. sell this one!  The
1931 recording mentioned below appeared in many forms, often with
picture labels.  My copy is on opaque white flexo plastic with glued on
paper picture labels.   It is a recording made on the opening broadcast
of Vatican Radio.  I understand Marconi also spoke.

As for Freud, perhaps this recording is scitzo.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com