[78-L] Greatest addicts

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jul 23 16:12:13 PDT 2011

On 7/23/2011 6:11 PM, Tom wrote:
> I'm surprised Elvis didn't make the cut of the greatest addicts. He was
> certainly an addict, though I guess whether he was great or not is a hot
> topic of debate. And I'd certainly rank his heft as a cultural icon to at
> least be the equal of Jerry Lee Lewis.

Maybe they didn't think to list him was because he didn't die directly
of his addiction -- unless it was his addiction to fried banana
sandwiches.  Evidence seems to point to him dying of complications of
constipation.  Talk about his heft as a cultural icon!!!!

Mike (let us not forget screamin jay hawkins' constipation blues)  Biel
mbiel at mbiel.com