[78-L] Amy Winehouse

Tom nice_guy_with_an_mba at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 23 12:05:45 PDT 2011

<< To a very big extent, I think that the evil that is the music biz
<< today simply chewed her up and spit her out and really didn't
<< give a  rat's a$$ about her destructive nature or their part in
<< sustaining it. >>

All of the problems Amy Winehouse had are problems she created
for herself.

It would have been more appropriate and credible for her mother
and father to have intervened on their daughter's behalf and have
had Ms. Winehouse sent to rehab for some fairly extended period
of time rather than expecting the VP of Finance at her record label
to do so, though apparently even they -- i.e., her parents, not the
record label execs -- viewed the situation as hopeless.

If someone's really hellbent on destroying themselves it's kinda
hard to prevent them from doing so.