[78-L] Prince Wong

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Wed Jul 20 09:16:07 PDT 2011

George Lewis (real name: Wong On Ah Louis) grew up in the San Francisco
Bay area, was the son of a well to do businessman and went to Stanford!
He was big in vaudeville and known for his "Around the World in 30
Minutes" ukulele performance. He worked both singly and as part of a
troupe.
His total recorded output is a mere six sides for Pathe in early 1926 on
steel guitar and ukulele.
Excellent steel player. Your record is a goodie, but not the rarest of
the batch!
Mal

PS - Here's the current discography:

PRINCE WONG (George Louis [Wong On Ah Louis] )

as Prince Wong: George Louis (as Prince Wong);
sg-1, uke solo-2; unk. g

New York, NYmc. 01/26

106592
Wong Wong Blues -1