[78-L] William Tell

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 17:51:19 PDT 2011

I would have liked to have heard the Alvino Rey version as he was an acquaintence of mine and his original lead alto sax player,Skeets Herfurt,was a dear friend of mine.At one time,Skeets once sent me a Hindsight LP of some circa 1940-41 transcriptions but,as I recall,the "William Tell Overture" was not on it.That album disappeared when me sister in law sold of some 1200 LPs for $100.