[78-L] Stupid eBay Listings

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Jul 16 11:09:26 PDT 2011

On 7/16/2011 1:28 AM, neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm flabbergasted! I don't know where to begin, other than maybe
> proofreading, or opening one's eyes as they type in their ebay listings.

He has over NINETEEN THOUSAND listings up now and has sold over F0RTY
SEVEN THOUSAND ITEMS.  This listing has a bad photo link, which every
seller has had once in a while. As for the other error, they all fit
together this way. Even at quality dealers we have all seen the wrong
record in a sleeve which is what I think happened here.  He takes the
title/artist off the cover and pulling the record out for the photo we
aren't seeing gets the side with the Rach Suite #2 and uses that for the
catalog number, either he or the inexperienced kid he has working for
him not realizing that a concerto and suite are not the same things.

> Not sure if I would spend moeny with breakdownrecordsync, but the name
> does seem appropriate. Broken record? Broken down? out of sync?
>
> joe salerno

Suit yourself, but one bad listing in over 66,000 ain't bad odds.  He
has good feedback.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com