[78-L] recordings from "Pins and Needles"

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Thu Jul 14 07:51:49 PDT 2011

Bluebird  B-7417    1938
 One big union for two
 Sunday in the park
 Nita Carol; Alan Holt.

JJA-A Box Office Production 1978                        LP
PINS AND NEEDLES (1937 ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST)
PINS AND NEEDLES (1966 ORIGINAL TELEVISION CAST)

HAROLD ROME, ELAINE STRITCH, JOSEPHINE PREMICE, BOBBY SHORT, MILLIE WEITZ, KAY WEBER, RUTH RUBENSTEIN
Tracks: Side A:
1. No One Makes a Pass at Me - Millie Weitz (Original 1937 Broadway Cast)
2. One Big Union for Two - Kay Weber & Sonny Schuyler (Original 1937 Broadway Cast)
3. Chain Store Daisy - Ruth Rubenstein (Original 1937 Broadway Cast)
4. Sing Me a Song with Social Significance - Kay Weber & Sonny Schuyler (Original 1937 Broadway Cast)
5. Mene, Mene, Tekel - Clarence Palmer with Chorus (Original 1937 Broadway Cast)
6. I Wanna Be a G Man - Harold J. Rome
7. Songs of the "Ads" - Harold J. Rome
8. The Yanks aren't Coming - Hazel Scott
9. Sitting on Your Status Quo - Bobby Short and TV Cast (Original 1966 Television Cast)

Side B:
1. The Red Mikado - Original Cast (Original 1937 Broadway Cast)
2. Nobody Makes a Pass at Me - Elaine Stritch (Original 1966 Television Cast)
3. What Good is Love - Elaine Stritch (Original 1966 Television Cast)
4. Chain Store Daisy - Elaine Stritch (Original 1966 Television Cast)
5. Doin' the Reactionary - Josephine Premice and TV Cast (Original 1966 Television Cast)

Pins and needles. Selections - Harold J Rome
 performed at the National Press Club luncheon, Washington, Dec. 17, 1975.
CALL NUMBER: RSS reel/7, 13078
Rec Sound Ref Center (Madison, LM113

AOS 2210
OS-2210
Columbia Masterworks OL-5810/OS-2210                                     LP    1962
Columbia Special Products AOS 2210
Columbia   24744                                                         CD
PINS AND NEEDLES--TWENTY-FIFTH ANNIVERSARY EDITION OF THE HIT MUSICAL REVUE
 1962 Studio Cast Soundtrack Album honoring the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union, who produced the 1937 show
Barbara Streisand
Rose Marie Jun
Jack Carroll and Harold Rome
Musical direction by Stan Freeman
Vocal arrangements by Elise Bretton

A1 Sing Me A Song with Social Significance
A2 Doing The Reactionary
A3 One Big Union for Two
A4 It's Better with A Union Man
A5 Nobody Makes A Pass At Me
A6 I've Got the Nerve to be In Love
A7 Not Cricket to Picket
A8 Back to Work
B1 Status Quo
B2 When I Grow Up (The G-Man Song)
B3 Chain Store Daisy
B4 Four Little Angels of Peace
B5 Sunday In The Park
B6 What Good Is Love
B7 Mene, Mene, Tekel

Sissy
Author: Ted Weems; Louis Panico; Jack Fascinato; Irving Kahal; Harold Rome; All authors
Publisher: United States : Decca, 1938
Edition/Format: Music : 78 rpm : Popular music : English

DECCA 1694
63323 side B  Sunday in the Park
Ted Weems and His Orchestra with vocal chorus by Perry Como and whistling by Elmo Tanner

Mercury 8118
 Mene, Mene Tekel
Golden Gate Quartet

Wisconsin Music Archives recordings       2-CD
Images of labor from American musical theater : songs about workers and unions.