[78-L] New 78 RPM Release

Bryan Wright bryan at claxtonola.com
Wed Jul 13 15:12:35 PDT 2011

I'm pleased to announce the release of the "world's newest 78 rpm
record." Just today, Rivermont Records released a new 10-inch disc by
Andy Schumm and His Flatland Gang, with "Down In Gallion" on one side
(a tune originally recorded for Paramount by John Williams' Synco
Jazzers in 1927) and "The Swing" on the other (evoking Johnny De
Droit's version from 1924). Admittedly, I may be a bit biased since I
had a hand in the production of this record, but I still think this is
one of the hottest, tightest bands active anywhere in the world today.
Andy Schumm is a brilliant cornetist who can play more like Bix than
anyone else I've heard. For this record, he's got some great musicians
in the band including Frank Gualtieri, trombone; John Otto, clarinet;
Jason Goldsmith, alto sax; David Boeddinghaus, piano; Dave Bock, tuba;
Jim Barrett, banjo; and Josh Duffee, drums. Stop by and give it a
listen (you can even see a video of the record "in action"):

http://www.rivermontrecords.com

Enjoy!
Bryan W.