[78-L] transfer pricing

zoldaklavelle at ameritech.net zoldaklavelle at ameritech.net
Fri Jul 8 13:11:35 PDT 2011

Brad on track: It depends on the type and quality of the source
disk/disc/tape*AND on the quality of transfer sound the requester desires.*

A direct transfer to CD*(little or no noise reduction)* from one side of
a 12 inch LP requires about 30 minutes to digitize from turntable to
computer; 15 - 30  minutes to transfer to a CD or DVD.  Calculate at a
*minimum* of $50 per hour for labor and technology investment
(equipment) (excluding media and postage costs about $5.00).

The effort/knowledge to  properly direct transfer from one side of a
78rpm record is similar to that of a 12 inch LP.

The effort/knowledge  to direct transfer from one side of a 80 rpm
vertically cut recording requires more understanding and technology. Add
a minimum of $20 per hour.

If the requester desires more than a direct transfer from source to
CC/DVD, careful editing of the source request requires many, loving
minutes/hours, the cost of labor will be more for a one time restoration.

Jim