[78-L] transfer pricing

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 8 11:57:14 PDT 2011

...argh.  Thanks for the reminder... I need to build up a site presence for my transfer services.

I don't think we really came to a consensus, did we?  Tapes are easier to do (IMnsHO) because they don't require constant attention (unless it is a brittle tape or victim-of-sticky-shed-syndrome), LPs are a bit more attention-demanding (no skips, etc etc), and transfers of multiple discs (78s, 45s, et al) would require more attention, obviously.

For ME... it would depend on how much and what kind of source material the customer wants to transfer, as well as any remastering involved (quick-and-dirty transfer v one-pass noise reduction v go-into-it-and-kill-the-clicks).

I *probably* would start the rates at USD$10 per disc if it were a QnD tape transfer, and going up from there dependant on the complexity of the job.

just my 2 centavos worth

Brad

PS - transfer services available for those in the Denver, CO area. eMail me offlist :)