[78-L] List went down on Saturday

Ron Fial ron at fial.com
Tue Jul 5 18:09:18 PDT 2011

I was out of town for the weekend, and we had a big power failure in Oregon City such that the backup USPs ran down and all the servers stopped.I would have noticed, except I was out of cell-phone range in the mountains.

Didn't realize anything was wrong until driving back to Portland this morning.  I re-started the server for 78-L and all the mail started arriving from the last 2 days.   Mail servers will save the mail and deliver it later if they can't get to 78-L.

I guess its time to buy the automatic standby-generator!

Regards,
    Ron Fial   78-L list manager