[78-L] trumpeters on Gershwin/Shilkret American in Paris?

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 19:49:56 PDT 2011

Maybe RCA does have personnel listed, but I can't find it on the ol' 'net.  Rust is no help on this because it's neither a jazz nor dance band record, so he doesn't list it in those tomes; the Victor Master Book Vol 2 shows instrumentation and says Gershwin plays piano and celeste, ditto his 1976 Compleat Entertainment Discography.  Wikipedia says the Victor Symphony was drawn from the Philadelphia Symphony.  That's as close as I've been able to get to finding out who played the trumpet passages.  Anybody out there got any clues, I'd love to hear 'em.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.