[78-L] Record Trove in Massachusetts

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Sat Jul 2 09:10:16 PDT 2011

I've scanned the first 40 or so pages and there seems to be quite a bit of
worthwhile 20s to mid-30s dance stuff,  a lot of it on dime store labels.
There is a nice run of Benson Orch. Victors and for those who haven't
listened to many of those,  you might be surprised at the quantity of
outstanding music on them.

I noticed a couple of excellent Fred Rich ("Frank Auburn") titles including
A Peach of a Pair which has great  Venuti-Lang.

And a lot of Grey Gull dance stuff...some of that can be really good,  too.
Ditto Broadway Bell Hops,  B'way Broadcasters,  etc.  Some Ballews,
including 41000 Okehs...I don't think I'd advise repairing roads using them!

A lot more than the few Albert Ammons Mercurys which David mentioned...I
wish I was back there to take a look in person.

Taylor