[78-L] Record Trove in Massachusetts

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Sat Jul 2 08:42:32 PDT 2011

Hello,
While searching for Lou Breese records, I came across an online database
of records housed at the Somerset, Massachusetts Historical Society.
Here it is.
http://www.somerset.k12.ma.us/historicalsociety/records/78recordsall.pdf
Following up on an email I got from them, I gave them a call this
morning to discuss the possibility of obtaining either copies or
originals of the Breese records in the collection. I spoke with a
curator named Diane Goodwin. She stated that the collection is stored in
the basement and is no longer available for general use. She would be
glad to pull the records I am interested in and consider sending them.
Turns out the historical society is trying to focus on local history and
the collection is not germane to their purpose and they would like to
get rid of it all. Here is where you all come in. She will be getting
back to me following the holiday and I would like to put her in contact
with an interested party.
So, who is interested in this collection? It is supposed to be in very
good condition, is sorted and shelved carefully.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.