[78-L] OT? Recommendations for a web/system administrator

D P Ingram darren at ingram.fi
Fri Jul 1 01:51:35 PDT 2011

Friends:

Not strictly on topic, but tangential as the end result will benefit our causes.

After a long time suffering at the hands of our current partner, Music Library Finland requires a partner with good skills with Joomla (CMS), Linux (general stuff relating to the server/maintenance) and general experience with complex database integration.  Sadly, and without being rude, this is not a job for a "GUI monkey" who can use Google and has developed his own home page with a template.

The first jobs would be to take over the current "chaos", move to a different host and get the ground back to normal, and work with our very talented Filemaker database partner to get this darn database into Joomla and public.  Experience with Joomlafish and basic design/SEO a bonus.

Respectfully, this is not a job for those talented individuals who don't have a good command of English (I've tried working with some partners in supposed English-speaking countries in the past for another company, and I would have had more luck being understood by translating through Google into another language and back again).  This is quite important in a technical area where the customer might not speak "all the necessary lingo" and the partner needs to understand and implement.

Now, we are not rich and don't have unlimited funds (no state funding, etc) but equally we understand that some partners may prefer to be "insulted" with payment as well for their professional work.

In the first instance, any recommendations may be sent by email or, if the wider audience wishes, also to the mailing list (sorry for the cross post).   However please also COPY any responses to me to ensure I don't miss them.

I am writing a detailed spec list for the takeover now and it could be ready next week.  A fast decision can come from our end.

With best wishes, Darren

¦ D P Ingram ¦ Ab Ingram Oy ¦
¦ darren at ingram.fi ¦  www.ingram.fi ¦
¦