[78-L] One or three holes?

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 15:13:40 PDT 2011

I'd think all a cutting engineer would have to do, if he's working with a
pro lathe like a Scully or Neumann, is just snap a 45 adapter into the large
hole, then use the reverse-thread hold-down to screw the disc down to the
turntable.  (I have never seen a Scully lathe except in photographs, but I
saw a Neumann AM-32 a few times in the 1970s and 1980s, and I remember well
that it had this screw-down hold-down device as one means of anchoring a
blank to the turntable for discs where the vacuum method would not work.)