[78-L] Joe Venuti Discography Wiki

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 28 18:58:21 PDT 2011

I can't find this message now, but I think it came from Han:

Now something odd. I have images of: Tempo TT-2230 Vignettes by Venuti (10" LP).
On front 5 tunes are shown: Summertime/Star Dust/Estrellita/Kreutzer No.27/Loose-Bow Boogie.
On back, however, the following 8 are listed:
Stardust/Tea For Two/Everything You Do/The Hot Canary/Summertime Pt.1 & 2/
Lady Be Good/Santa Lucia.
What is on this LP actually ??

These are my expanded notes for the two split LPs TTS 2056 and 2008, already listed:

Joe Venuti and his violin. Italy's two greatest accordionists/Wolmer Beltrami and Francesco Ferrari. (Tempo TT-2056, 1950s)

Recorded in Hollywood and Los Angeles, 1946 (Venuti)

Summertime (Part 1 & 2) -- Kreutzer no. 27 -- Everything you do -- Loose-bow boogie -- Santa Lucia -- Slightly frantic -- Baby's sleepy now -- Dreaming out loud -- I've waited so long -- Higgledy-piggledy -- Harem serenade

Joe Venuti and his violin. Galla-Rini and his accordion (Tempo TT-2008)

Joe Venuti is on side one (recorded 1949); Galla-Rini is on side two

Stardust -- Tea for two -- Filigree -- Lady, be good -- Estrellita -- The hot canary -- Mardi gras -- Come back to Sorrento -- Ritual fire dance -- Down south -- Pavanne -- Lover, come back to me

Judging from the listing you provided -- thanks for that, incidentally -- it looks like TT-2230 combines material used on both of these albums, but in a different order. And I'm curious about the duplication of "Summertime" and "Summertime Pt. 1 & 2" on TT-2230. Are you sure this is a 10"? Five tracks is not unusual for one side but eight is; perhaps they are really short tracks?

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com