[78-L] Joe Venuti Discography Wiki

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 27 22:05:42 PDT 2011

Mr. Lennick:
Sorry, I meant the Garrod Discography lists "Danse Macabre" as Tempo 416,
"Skeleton at Midnight" as Tempo 4530, both backed with "It Ain't Necessarily
So". (I also have it on a red vinyl Tempo lp, not listed in the discography at
all.)

Thanks for the update. I have duly recorded the info on my page.

Don't want to keep you up all night typing, but does Garrod say anything else about Joe's Tempos? Here is all
the data I have on them.

Joe Venuti and his violin. Italy's two greatest accordionists/Wolmer Beltrami and Francesco Ferrari. (Tempo TT-2056, 1950s)
Recorded in Hollywood and Los Angeles, 1946 (Venuti)
Summertime (Part 1 & 2) -- Kreutzer no. 27 -- Everything you do -- Loose-bow boogie -- Santa Lucia -- Slightly frantic -- Baby's sleepy now -- Dreaming out loud -- I've waited so long -- Higgledy-piggledy -- Harem serenade

Pietro Gentile, Joe Venuti: Musical milestones of the Jewish people (Tempo TR 516/518/520, 1940s 78 rpm set)
Pietro Gentile, vocals ; Joe Venuti, violins, and ensemble
Eli, Eli -- Rachem = Mercy -- A Yiddishe momme = A Jewish mother -- Oy der rebbenu = Oh, the rabbi -- A dudele -- Meirke mein suhn = Meyer, my son

Joe Venuti and his violin. Galla-Rini and his accordion (Tempo TT-2008)
Joe Venuti is on side one (recorded 1949); Galla-Rini is on side two
Stardust -- Tea for two -- Filigree -- Lady, be good -- Estrellita -- The hot canary -- Mardi gras -- Come back to Sorrento -- Ritual fire dance -- Down south -- Pavanne -- Lover, come back to me

Joe Venuti and Bobby Maxwell (Tempo TT-2236; 1950s)
Joe Venuti, violin and Bobby Maxwell, harp; Recorded ca. 1949
Alexander's ragtime band -- It ain't necessarily so -- Caravan -- Dance macabre (with Brother Bones) -- Honeysuckle rose -- September song -- Busybody -- Meet me tonight in Dreamland

Come to think of it, "Loose Bow Boogie" is probably pretty interesting also.

Uncle Dave Lewis
uncledavelewis at hotmail.com